AGH Strategies, a company helping nonproﬁts track and grow relationships with their supporters through free and open-source software, is hiring a Database Support Associate based in Washington, DC. The Associate will assist nonproﬁts as they work with CiviCRM, helping them with questions as they use it for engaging donors and other supporters. In addition, the Associate will help clients clarify and reﬁne their needs for custom feature development or technical support.
This is an opportunity to have a key role in advancing the missions of multiple organizations, and your job will involve working with many clients.
Typical work will include:
- responding to clients’ questions and issues
- adjusting CiviCRM settings to best suit clients’ needs
- reaching out to clients to ensure their systems are working effectively
- communicating larger or more technical client issues to co-workers for further work
- guiding clients towards best practices for tracking and engaging their constituents
CiviCRM is the leading open-source tool for nonproﬁt organizations to track supporters and their contributions, memberships, event participation, relationships, and other interactions. While experience using CiviCRM is a plus, it is not a requirement, and this is not a developer job posting. We can teach a qualiﬁed candidate how to use CiviCRM; a familiarity with the nonproﬁt sector is a prerequisite. The primary goal of this position is to identify how best to serve the client’s needs.
Our clients are a wide range of organizations empowering people to build a just, safe, healthy, creative, knowledge-rich, and sustainable world. Some have no staff; others number in the hundreds. Your role will be the primary point of contact with those clients who are not engaged in an active development project.
AGH Strategies is a collegial workplace, and this position is based at our ofﬁce in the 16th Street Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC. However, we’re also ﬂexible and can accommodate scheduled or periodic telework.
- Job experience with at least one nonproﬁt organization or association
- Experience working with at least one additional nonproﬁt, as either a volunteer or an employee
- Experience in one or more of the following functions: fundraising, event planning, membership management, marketing, communications, community organizing, and/or direct service delivery
- Ability to use and explain a web-based graphical interface
- Ability to follow detailed procedures accurately, but also identify instances where deviating from a procedure would better serve a client’s needs
- Clear and accurate writing style
- Patience and sensitivity to work with multiple clients
- An inquisitive personality that enjoys problem-solving
- Conﬁdence to clearly articulate your professional opinion
- Humility to learn from each client
- Ability to travel locally within the Washington, DC, area and—less than 5% of the time—nationally to meet with clients or attend conferences
In addition, an outstanding applicant will:
- Have a basic understanding of how relational databases work
- Be familiar with using Facebook, Twitter, and other social media services
- Have experience setting up a basic website
- Have experience working with Drupal, Joomla, and/or Wordpress
- Sincerely enjoy working with people
- Be comfortable using basic spreadsheet functions to manipulate data
- Either have completed a Bachelor’s degree or have three or more years of work experience that involves critical thinking, frequently learning new skills, and collaboration with others
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a résumé and a letter introducing yourself and your experience. Applications will be evaluated as they are received.