AGH Strategies offers different levels of training and support, depending on your needs, experience and goals. We are able to offer in person and over the phone and email support. Even if your site was built in-house or by a Drupal, Joomla, or WordPress developer, we can work with you as your CiviCRM consultant for structured training or periodic assistance as you need.
On-site CiviCRM Training
We can build a training plan to match how you use CiviCRM and your CMS—Drupal, Joomla, or WordPress. With a variety of formats and deep experience in the nonproﬁt sector, our trainers can work with you to jumpstart adoption of your CRM, introduce new features, or orient new staff. Available to travel to your ofﬁce, we can help you make the most of your investment in CiviCRM.
Contact us to develop a training plan
Remote Virtual Training
Webinar training is an affordable alternative to on-site training, especially if your staff is spread among several locations. It’s also a good option for a series of shorter trainings in addition to or in place of an on-site training if you’re outside the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area. We can provide how-to sessions using your own site so everything is immediately familiar when it comes time to apply what you learn.
Describe your needs for web trainings
Public Training Programs
AGH Strategies offers more in-person CiviCRM training sessions than anywhere else—part of our commitment to making CiviCRM an accessible option for grassroots nonproﬁts with limited budgets. Whether two hours or two days, our sessions combine technical how-to steps with real-world nonproﬁt best practices to help CiviCRM work effectively for you.
See our list of upcoming trainings below
Small or large, organizations ﬁnd it helpful to have a partner in implementing and using CiviCRM. With our hourly billing structure, there’s no minimum commitment; we can respond to technical issues or serve as a friendly guide.
Consider AGH Strategies for your training and support needs if:
- You just started a job where you inherited a CiviCRM installation and you have never used it (or any other CRM) before.
- Your organization just started using CiviCRM.
- You encountered some (or lots of) trouble after upgrading CiviCRMExample: Your contribution page isn’t functional post upgrade or one of your scheduled jobs isn’t processing.
- You are interested in using a new CiviCRM featureExample: You are only using CiviCRM to handle online donations but you are a membership organization, and would like to start using CiviMember as well, but you have no idea where to start.
- You are struggling with one area in CiviCRMExamples: Has your mail suddenly stopped going out? Are your users having trouble registering for events? We can help you work through and troubleshoot any issues you may be having with your CiviCRM installation.
If this sounds like it applies to you at all, please contact us to set up a time to talk about your needs and goals.
The best way to keep your site running smoothly is to maintain it regularly. Regular CiviCRM releases provide new features, bug ﬁxes, and security improvements, and our monitoring services help make sure your site is functioning well. Read more about options for maintenance and monitoring.