AGH Strategies helps nonprofits track and grow relationships with their supporters through free and open-source software. We are hiring a Client Services Coordinator to be a resource for nonprofits seeking assistance with their database systems, ensuring that issues are assigned to and resolved by the appropriate expert on our staff.
This is an opportunity to have a key role in advancing the missions of multiple organizations, and your job will involve working with many clients.
Our clients use CiviCRM, which is the leading open-source tool for nonprofit organizations to track supporters and their contributions, memberships, event participation, relationships, and other interactions. While experience using CiviCRM is a plus, it is not a requirement, and this is not a developer job posting. We can teach a qualified candidate how to use CiviCRM; a familiarity with the nonprofit sector is a prerequisite.
The primary goal of this position is building and maintaining relationships with our client organizations. While a key element of this is ensuring each client’s needs are understood and resolved by someone on our team, the priority is communication and organization, not technical expertise.
Typical work will include:
- reviewing incoming support requests, preparing them for assignment, and assigning each to a coworker with the appropriate technical skills
- communicating progress to clients and ensuring issues get resolved
- managing the queue of open requests so that requests don’t stall and coworkers can clearly identify what needs to be done
- gathering information from clients regarding their questions and issues with CiviCRM
- reaching out to clients to ensure their systems are working effectively and their staff feels capable of using their systems to the fullest
Our clients are a wide range of organizations empowering people to build a just, safe, healthy, creative, knowledge-rich, and sustainable world. Some have no staff; others number in the hundreds. Your role will be the primary point of contact with those clients who are not engaged in an active development project, a complement to our Project Lead who handles those other clients.
We have a 35-hour work week, and the ideal candidate would be available via email and phone 7 hours a day Monday – Friday. We are flexible regarding when those regular on call hours are set so long as they fit among the working hours of our clients, which generally range from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern. Our paid leave system is generous and flexible.
Our main office is located in the 16th Street Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC, with remote staff in San Diego, New Haven, and Nashville. While this position can be mostly remote, your ability to work from the office at least one day a week is a factor we will consider in evaluating candidates.
AGH Strategies is a trans-owned business, and LGBTQIA+ candidates, along with people of color and others under-represented in the nonprofit technology community, are especially encouraged to apply.
The starting compensation will be between $50,000 and $65,000 per year, depending upon experience.
The following skills are required:
- Experience working with at least one nonprofit organization or association in one or more of the following functions: fundraising, event planning, membership management, marketing, communications, community organizing, office administration, and/or direct service delivery
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks and follow them until they are completed
- Clear, cordial, professional, and accurate writing style, especially in email
- Patience and sensitivity to work with multiple clients
- Confidence to clearly articulate your professional opinion
- Humility to learn from each client
- Comfort with using common office software and learning how to use similar software
- Ability to travel less than 10% of the time to meet with clients or attend conferences
- Either a Bachelor’s degree or three or more years of work experience that involves critical thinking, frequently learning new skills, and collaboration with others
In addition, an outstanding applicant will:
- Have experience working with at least one additional nonprofit, as either a volunteer or an employee
- Have experience updating contacts’ information in an organization’s database
- Have confidence discussing detailed processes with both tech-savvy and non-technical people
- Sincerely enjoy working with people
- Know how to be courteous but ﬁrm
- Be able to follow detailed procedures accurately, but also identify instances where deviating from a procedure would better serve a client’s needs
- Have experience posting content on a basic website or social media
We expect that a candidate will learn:
- The relative priority and urgency of various types of issues
- How to accurately and securely transfer, store, and retrieve sensitive client credentials such as passwords and keys
- How to answer simple billing and sales questions
Eventually, we hope for you to grow into handling simple requests yourself and developing a specialty in one of our areas of expertise.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a résumé and a brief letter introducing yourself and your experience. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis beginning June 24.